GnomishGray is a silver gray theme for GTK3 and GNOME-Shell. It is based on Adwaita, the default GTK engine of GNOME.
*** Current Dependencies ***
GTK3 = 3.8.X
GNOME3 = 3.8.X
gnome-themes-standard = 3.8.X
gnome-shell = 3.8.X (for GNOME-Shell)
gtk2-engines-murrine >= 0.98.1.1 (for GTK2)
Metacity >= 2.34 (for GTK2)
*** Important Notes ***
(1) Ubuntu users should disable "overlay-scrollbar" before using this theme, otherwise they might see blackened widget areas (a bug in overlay-scrollbar with a won't-fix tag). See [link]
(2) Debian users may have to patch Cairo with 'server_side_gradients.patch' (bug #616308), which is included in other distros by default.
(3) Read the file "README" in the theme folder for tips on Sushi and gnome-tweak-tool-3.6.
(4) You won't need the source package unless you want to modify the theme or make a deb or rpm package from it.
(5) Because GTK3 still has its limitations in handling of transparent bg colors, during drag-n-drop, dragged widgets with transparent bg colors are temporarily darkened until dropped. Apart from this minor issue and since changes in Gnome are whimsical, if you've found any problem with the latest version of the theme, please report it here. Thanks in advance!
Jul 15 2013
Update for Gnome-3.8.